Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Portfolio Before Brooks


Las Vegas Paramedics practice skills necessary to aid car crash victims during the "Every 15 Minutes" program that reenacts fatal car accidents as a result of drunk driving for high school students to understand the severity of drinking behind the wheel. According to a national study, one person is killed every fifteen minutes by a drunken driver in the United States (Leah Parr/ Accolades ©2007).




Dancers from the Las Vegas Academy dance department in action during class. Leah Parr ©2007

A selection of some of my, former, favorite photos I had taken during my time as photog. intern at the Las Vegas Review Journal and as a student at Las Vegas Academy of International Studies and Performing Arts over a three year period.
Using my Olympus E-300 SLR camera, I had very little technical knowledge but these photo remind me how far I've come in my education in photo in my life and how much more I can grow as a photographer.

In making pictures, there is always something new to be learned. That is what motivates me to continually pick up my camera day after day, the hunt for the perfect combination of light, luck, technical skill, and talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment