Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On ice






Between a class team assignment and shooting for a sports action assignment, my photo life the past week has been consumed with nothing but ice hockey.

& to be frank, I hate the cold. Loathe it, actually. I hate cold fingers and chattering teeth more than anything. I grew up in the heat of Las Vegas, cold is virtually nonexistent there. & when it is, 65 to me is freezing... But you don't get the hockey without the ice. Needless to say, I've sucked it up and dealt with it like a man.

A really great thing about shooting ice hockey that I've noticed is the extreme (well, to me at least) temperature forces you to work through that factor and perform anyways.

One of my biggest hindrances I encountered while shooting in Madison was the cold. I was frozen solid, and viewing my edit now.. I can see where my own laziness due to the cold cost me photo composition. Rather than working through the weather, I gave up quickly and said '@#&^ this' and ran inside to the warmth of the Capitol.

Seeing this now in my own photos and feeling rather embarrassed about my own pansy behavior, it's something I'm forcing myself to work through.

No comments:

Post a Comment